Many thoughts about identity, Judaism, teaching, meditation, travel, parenting and more

Thursday, March 31, 2005

After the Armadillo

I'm on this big poetry kick right now. It's partly because I got a poem in the mail from my dear writing partner in Portland. It's partly because I can't find time to read or write much of anything else. I keep picking up William Carlos Williams and unexpectedly found myself watching "Dead Poet's Society" a few days ago. (Now I have my first book of Whitman.) Last night I couldn't resist buying this book at a used bookstore: Animal Tails: Poetry and Art by Children

Here's my current favorite:




After the Armadillo

After the armadillo
finished giving his speech
on sub-nuclear physics,
the cow realized it was his turn.




By Ryan Mackle, Age 12

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home