Many thoughts about identity, Judaism, teaching, meditation, travel, parenting and more

Sunday, December 11, 2005

Approval

Bout of insomnia last night. Pulled a book off the shelf that reminded me to avoid needing approval of others.

There is a person at work who I like and with whom I work well but who I sometimes thinks doesn't approve of me.

I'm letting this go as much as I can even though we need to work quite closely together. I try to dismiss the thought with cheats like trying to find fault with her or consider her in some way ignorant of the ways of the world.

I am who I am and am pretty okay whether she knows it or not. Any suggestions for strengthening my resolve in this area?

Incidentally, she might NOT disapprove. I may just want her to love me too much.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home