Many thoughts about identity, Judaism, teaching, meditation, travel, parenting and more

Sunday, April 02, 2006

Healing in Sight?

When last I wrote on here it was because I was home sick with a cold on a Tuesday. I thought I was getting better but by Friday I relapsed and spent all of Shabbat at home feeling sick and depressed and worried about being sick.

Called my doctor today in a bit of a panic. She finally agrees that maybe there is something more to this than my being around kids all the time. I get sick almost every month and sometimes have a very hard time healing normally. (It used to take me a week. Now I usually relapse and sometimes get sinus infections that take longer to heal.)

So let's see. In the meantime, as soon as this one is over, I'm going to set the goal of going two full months without getting sick. That way I won't be so dismayed the next time I catch something.

How will I do it?

Not sure. More self-awareness and worry, I guess. Garlic too maybe. We'll see. I have lots of tricks. They just don't always work.

I know a lot of teachers that get sick a lot, but I feel like I've had this problem much of my life. Does anyone else out there have this problem?

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home