Many thoughts about identity, Judaism, teaching, meditation, travel, parenting and more

Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Car irony

So last night I posted about the "spiritual" Namaste car.

Let me add to the irony.

I'm now attending a Wednesday night class at my shul. I really love the class. It's based on going through the text of Conscious Community which so far is an awesome book about staying aware of G-d's presence despite the distractions of the material world. This was written by a Chassidic rabbi who I believe later ended up in the Warsaw Ghetto.

At our first meeting, which was last week, I brought up the distractions of buildings, clothing and cars. Then this week I had to miss most of class because I was taking a test drive on our new car! (Had to work around U's schedule.)

The good news is that it is a car that is relatively environmentally responsible as well as affordable and not too show-offy. (Except of course that I'm SO EXCITED about it, so I guess it is show-offy.) We're getting a silver Yaris lift-back which gets almost 40 mpg!

So does a car like this merit a Namaste license plate?

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, I guess that's as close as you can get to a hybrid without actually being a hybrid! Mazal tov on the new car!

How about: TKN OLM?

Much better than namaste.

10:43 PM

 
Blogger Evenewra said...

Now there's an idea...

10:47 PM

 
Blogger AMJ said...

Mazel Tov on the new car! I like the TKN OLM idea! But why do need a test to drive it?

7:12 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home