Many thoughts about identity, Judaism, teaching, meditation, travel, parenting and more

Sunday, August 06, 2006

Home repair

A tisket
a tasket
we're fixing
our fridge gasket.

Shortly after we moved in a year ago we complained to our landlord that the fridge door wasn't closing properly and that circulation in the fridge was bad as a result. In other words, stuff at the front of the fridge sometimes is warm. Stuff at the back gets frozen. And often the door just turns out to have not been closed fully.

His solution was to jerk on the door a little and say it was fine.

So after a year's worth of our complaining to each other about it, I finally decided to do something and ordered new gaskets. The instructions were useless and I couldn't do it right until U. wandered in and figured out a trick to getting it to stay. (We just did the freezer today.)

I was frustrated I couldn't do it myself, but glad one of us found a way to do it.

And of course there was that conversation of, "Why didn't we just hire someone to do this?" Grrrrrr.

And finally we decided it wasn't just the gasket either, but that the door is kind of hung on crooked.

Whatever. It's working now. Frustrating so far, but I think we're almost done. Just still need to do the fridge portion. I tend not to finish jobs once I've started them if I take a break. Oh well. Gotta go to bed.

Also saw a movie today, but hopefully I'll write about that tomorrow.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home