Many thoughts about identity, Judaism, teaching, meditation, travel, parenting and more

Thursday, October 19, 2006

6 Weeks Left!

If we consider my due date to be accurate, I have 6 weeks to go.

If we go instead by my dream cycle, the baby could be born any night with any number of creative twists to the event. Last night two doctors kept insisting on putting stinging eye drops in my eyes after the birth for some reason.

For the most part I think I've rated (surprisingly) as a slightly less complain-prone pregnant woman, but that's changing now. Despite chiropractor visits, a professional massage and yoga, my back hurts A LOT most of the time. (I actually have had less time for yoga, that could be part of it.) My stomach also just feels huge which makes all of my usual associations with it difficult from food to bathroom issues, to being able to pick up something I drop on the floor, put on shoes or squeeze through narrow areas. For the first time, I'm starting to really wonder how all of this extra STUFF inside of me will come out and for the first time am really getting a little scared about the birthing process. (I understand that the more able you are to confront your fears can aid the process.)

Even so, I'm still smaller than average, apparently. I know someone else who is about 6 months pregnant with twins and is shorter and bigger than me. I feel bad for her.

The most difficult symptom has been insomnia. Thank goodness I had a full night's sleep last night. But I always wake up around 3 for the bathroom. What's crucial is what I do at 3. If I start to think or worry about anything for even a minute, the rest of my night is shot.

I feel stressed about a lot of things I need to do for work before this blessed event, and I know I'll (literally) have my hands full when the baby arrives, but I'm going to be so excited to reach that hurdle.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home