Many thoughts about identity, Judaism, teaching, meditation, travel, parenting and more

Friday, October 20, 2006

I Will Survive

The title to this post has a double-meaning, but I'll link them.

This Sunday is my third remission anniversary. I've recently become friends with a wonderful couple here. The woman in particular is in my top 5 list of people in NJ that I connect to. It so happens that her husband survived a very similar kind of cancer to me a number of years ago (at least 5... I can't remember for sure how many). His remission anniversary was yesterday, so Saturday night we're having a double "birthday" party. Yesterday I ordered the Phish Food ice cream cake. I'm so excited about this.

The first year I celebrated was extremely serious as I invited a few trusted friends to whom I told my whole story from beginning to end.

The second year, my friend Emarcy came out to celebrate, but weird things were happening in my life.

This year is just going to be a happy party as I await the next stage in my wonderful life.

So on to the second point... I happen to really really love the song "I Will Survive." It just feels so damn good. I just found this of it that I rather enjoy. (Speaking of cake...)

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home