Many thoughts about identity, Judaism, teaching, meditation, travel, parenting and more

Sunday, November 12, 2006

Organ Donation Non-follow-up

In response to my Organ Donation post, Yoel Natan asked to know what I hear from HODS. Unfortunately, nothing yet.

I should add that I feel like a total hypocrite because as excited as I am about doing something useful with the topic, I'm not signing up until I know more which means I'm not signed up at all. Unfortunately, I'm not even sure if I can sign up with the cancer history, but I won't know until someone writes back to me.

Here's the good news... even if I don't know more yet, my shul rabbi is working on it. I didn't go to shul yesterday. Legs hurt to much from standing still in shul now. But U. says the rabbi spoke about halakhic definition of death. He also said that, since there are several options available for halakhic donation, he does not yet know the answer of which he should take and is asking his own rabbis for guidance there. I'll keep you posted on what HE says, regardless of whether my email to HODS is answered or not.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home