Many thoughts about identity, Judaism, teaching, meditation, travel, parenting and more

Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Trial Run

Wow. I've been busting my you-know-what the past two days to get stuff ready for school since I start back on Thursday. Today I had to actually go in to do some things there. I went to the daycare first to drop off everything ND will need and, even though it was last minute, the teacher there said I could leave ND while I went to the school.

I was gone 2 2/1 hours. She got a little fussy when I left but it turned out she was just tired. Later when I called she was crying loudly in the background. They were holding off feeding her until I gave the OK. (If I was going to be back earlier I just wanted to nurse her.) So I told them to feed her and she ravenously scarfed away the previously stored breastmilk.

When I arrived to pick her up, she was sitting in a bouncy chair and smiling, and smiled even more when she saw me.

I tried to nurse her, but she really likes the daycare and just keeps looking all over the place at her surroundings. (When I got home I set a new personal best on pumping milk. She gave a huge smile to her teacher when we left. She slept all the way home and is asleep now too. Exciting first day for her.

As for me, I cried a bit when I went to the school and I know I was visibly tense. I cried even more when I called the place and heard her crying. but it was all doable. I really can do this. I even think it MIGHT be good for both of us.

Ask me again near the end of next week when I've been there already actually teaching on a schedule again.

And by the way, despite my prsent optimism, my cold (Have I mentioned I'm sick again?) feels worse.

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home