Many thoughts about identity, Judaism, teaching, meditation, travel, parenting and more

Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Healthcare

All this talk with the 2008 elections coming up about so many different issues. I have to say, I think one of the most important to me is the issue of healthcare. I guess of all the things that could change in the next few years, that's one I feel more likely to be directly affected by. It bothers me that there are so many uninsured. In fact, my cancer diagnosis came just weeks after the teacher's union in my district won a very ugly battle to retain our benefits. The compromise was giving up several weeks' pay.

Now that I have this bad health history, I'm seriously limited on what work I can do because there is no way I can afford healthcare without going through an employer... either mine or U.'s.

In any case, I've been watching a new blog about healthcare and am looking forward to developments over the next few years.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home