Many thoughts about identity, Judaism, teaching, meditation, travel, parenting and more

Sunday, March 25, 2007

My Green And Chatty Baby



Two exciting developments in ND land today.

1. We tried out gDiapers today for the first time. We ordered a size medium and ND is not technically big enough for them yet, (by about 1.5 pounds) but she seemed fine. We also haven't had a "dirty" diaper yet (to use a metaphor) but I'm feeling pretty good about them. I don't think I can expect daycare to use them, but we can use them at home and on weekends. Regular disposable diapers generate SO much yucky waste that will be on the planet FOREVER. So I feel really good about these. Watch the videos on the site to understand more about the product.

2. On another note entirely... I've discovered that ND sometimes coughs when she's hungry as a kind of communication. The doctor confirmed that babies often use coughing as a form of speech. Well, tonight the three of us went out to dinner at a Kosher pizza joint. While standing in line I heard ND cough. I looked over and she instantly grinned like she had just told the funniest joke ever. I'm pretty sure she was actually trying to tease me by coughing to get my attention. So incredibly cute, this girl! Four months old on Wednesday.

Labels: , , , ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You can compost these buggers!! I haven't thought too hard on this, for obvious reasons, but I hate disposable diapers, and with the issues about water waste and detergent pollutants with cloth diapers, I wondered how I'd ever resolve this eco-dilemma.

I'm looking forward to diaper updates to see how you like using them (okay, maybe not "looking *forward*" but I'd be interested...)

ps: fyi, the link for gdiapers is broken.

4:11 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home