Many thoughts about identity, Judaism, teaching, meditation, travel, parenting and more

Sunday, March 04, 2007

Purim 2007/5767

At Purim last year I declined alcohol, and not just because I was driving. ND was a teeny tiny embryo that I had just discovered.



Pretty good Purim this year though everything's tricky with a baby. I missed several parts of the megillah reading both at night and in the morning because ND needed to be taken to another room . She didn't cry. But at night she was hungry and in the day she was exhausted. She was around a lot of people all weekend which really kept her wired. She didn't cry when Haman's name was read and everyone made noise, but she was distracted from eating or sleeping.

Next year we'll do shifts. Couldn't this year anyway because poor U. was sick and I didn't want to leave her with him like that. But we still had fun, all three of us, at the seudah.

Labels: , , , ,

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aw, I love the big chili pepper smile at the end!

Morey and I went as gospel singers - big red wigs, streaking mascara (y'know, from all the emotion), and I did a lot of hollerin' about

CHEEE-EESE-US!

Cheeeese-US has changed my life. Soft cheeeeese-US. Hard cheeeese-US. AAAAAaaaaaaAAAA-GED cheeeese-US.

heh. Other than entertaining ourselves talking about CHEEEESE-US, and getting a special, absolutely hilarious reading from R'Shmulik at 11pm, Purim was lame here. *sigh*

Glad you had fun, hope U is feeling better! (he does know you're supposed to get sick AFTER Purim, right? ;) )

6:48 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi,
I work with your dad--"Saba K". He has been sharing the wonderful photos he has with us and today shared this latest. Wow--your little one is so adorable!! That smile would truly melt anyone's heart:) What an incredible blessing!
Take care and blessings to you and your family!Great site--I enjoyed my visit.
beckie

2:02 AM

 
Blogger Allie said...

Aaaw, what a smile! She's getting cuter by the day!

9:18 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home