Many thoughts about identity, Judaism, teaching, meditation, travel, parenting and more

Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Fabulous camping trip!

Just got back from the wonderful camping trip to North-South Lake. I have so much to say but will hopefully be inspired to write most of it after my friend who I camped with sends me photos and videos from our trip.

But briefly, it poured rain as we drove up (I from NJ, she from MA) on Sunday. Cleared up just in time for us to put up the tent. Monday was magnificent weather-wise. We hiked in the morning and canoed in the afternoon... yes, even with me pregnant. Tuesday morning we got soaked to the skin but still went hiking again. In the AM I woke up when it was just drizzling and foggy and took my yoga mat to the lake. The mist was so thick I could barely see in front of me and I had this wonderful idea that I might watch the fog gently lift just as I meditated my mind clear for the day too. In fact I just got rained on, but had the delightful image of opening my eyes from a deep thinking and seeing a family of ducks travelling by in the water.

We talked a lot during the trip about how it may be next year with an additional little person with us. I'm so excited that this may be possible.

As I said in a previous post, a lot of people said to me before the trip, "I just hope you won't be uncomfortable!"

My response to that now is that, truthfully, real life is generally more uncomfortable to me than sleeping in a tent on the ground.

I was so happy this whole trip. I often forget just what a great friend I have out in MA (I'll call her Emarcy here, a code name). I forget in my everyday worries and occasional loneliness, that I have this friend who I trust completely and with whom I feel so safe and relaxed and in love with the world.

Even though the trip was short, I feel I have enthusiasm and clarity to take me into the work of the year that I restart tomorrow with a full day of meetings and setting up my classroom. It was hard to leave the woods and my friend, but I'm energized now.

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Evenewra said...

I keep wondering that too. But by now I think that instead of meditating on ducks, I'll be meditating on my little one.

6:58 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home