Many thoughts about identity, Judaism, teaching, meditation, travel, parenting and more

Saturday, October 27, 2007

Email Addiction

My parents-in-law are visiting. As a result, since Shabbos ended, I have not checked my email. It isn't easy. I'm using U.'s computer just to do this little entry. (After all, Saturday night is my writing night, and as much as I'm enjoying this visit, I can feel in my bones that I haven't written.) But the fact that I haven't been on the computer all evening means my kitchen is clean and the garbage has been bagged up to be taken off. What does this tell you?

What would happen if I only restricted myself to using email at certain times? Could I hold myself to it? Could you? Do you?

As I finish this entry I'm just CERTAIN that something absolutely pressing and engaging is waiting for me in my email. Someone wonderful has written to me. Oh I'm sure.

But tomorrow I'm sure I'll be deleting and deleting and deleting all those emails not from that wonderful person.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home