Many thoughts about identity, Judaism, teaching, meditation, travel, parenting and more

Sunday, September 14, 2008

Omi Cwy

Wow, I've missed two weeks on here!

So busy with school. ND hasn't been handling it perfectly. She has her arms and legs wrapped around me much of the time, but still likes school. Sadly, she does call for me at naptime.

Last week I missed work Tuesday morning because I had a horrible, violent cold. I only stayed home in the morning because I felt awful leaving my classroom with my assistant on our first full week. Plus, that evening was to be our Back to School night... all the more reason I needed to pace myself, but also needed to get to school to prepare. In the end the cold passed strangely quickly.

That night when I left for Back To School Night ND cried. But when I got home she was just fine, playing and cheerful. The first words to me when I came in, "Omi Cwy." In other words, she just wanted to make sure I knew she'd been crying.

It's a struggle everyday, but we're getting through it and U. swears to me that she usually stops within minutes after I leave. Thursday I stayed home with her because SHE was sick. But now we're both feeling healthy as can be.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home