Many thoughts about identity, Judaism, teaching, meditation, travel, parenting and more

Friday, July 25, 2008

More Imagination

Amazing.

While I was cooking tonight, ND was playing in her Pack and Play in the kitchen. She asked for ice, but I could only find the package in which we keep the little gel pack I use for head bumps. She put a toy inside and had a doll on her lap.

I kept hearing her say "more more" but she didn't respond when I would engage her either to ask what she wanted or that we didn't have any more ice. Then I realized she was playing with her "baby."

"More more more more," "Yeah" she would say. I don't know which voice was "hers" and which the "baby"'s. I think the baby was asking for more ice and that ND was granting it. At the end of this each time she would then reach into the package and pull out the toy she was pretending was ice, put it on the baby, then put it back in the package and start again.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home