Many thoughts about identity, Judaism, teaching, meditation, travel, parenting and more

Sunday, August 17, 2008

Camping 2008!



When I moved out here I made a commitment with my friend, Emarcy, to go camping every summer. We did it the year I was pregnant with ND and we did it a year ago, so of course we did it again this year!

Sadly, due to many complicated circumstances, it was a very quick trip and not in the best place we've gone so far. Just one night and it was in Connecticut, a fairly crowded place with a big well-populated beach instead of quiet isolated campsites and a peaceful lake with canoes.

Still, we had a lot of fun and I loved seeing my friend. We played on the beach most of the time and ND was even brave enough to be carried into the water on my hip until the water reached HER hip. She was not happy, though, when she saw Emarcy go under the water or go off to swim. It really scared her and she shook her head back and forth. In time I guess she'll understand that that's how people swim and that it's OK.


One reason the trip was short is that Emarcy's very busy preparing to go to Japan to do Taiko drumming! So she brought along her practice drum and we played a little right before we all had to leave. So much fun. I'm already looking forward to next year.

(No, the videos still don't have sound... it's not your computer's fault.)

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home