Many thoughts about identity, Judaism, teaching, meditation, travel, parenting and more

Thursday, May 21, 2009

Tail Tale

Two days ago on our way from "school" (mine where I work and her daycare), we stopped at beautiful Van Saun park and were just in time for the second to last ride of the day on the zoo train. She was so cute when we went up. She saw the train, got so excited and ran ahead of me after I gave her our tickets. I had to yell "Wait wait wait" as she zoomed right past the ticket guy and try to climb on herself.

Anyway, from the train we saw birds, a rabbit and some llamas. I saw a few other animals too but she didn't spot them.

The next day, unrelated, on the drive to school, she asked me a question about a book she was looking at in the back seat. She wanted to know what "that" was on a pig. It was it's tail. So we talked about tails and what animals have them.

She doesn't forget a thing.

So the next day at the chiropractor while I'm lying down on a table with this machine fixing my neck, I hear her chatting with the other regulars as they come in. (My chiropractor works from a house, so if I could have turned around I would have been able to watch her right there in the next room and I knew just what was going on). Someone walked in and immediately she said,

"I went on the train."
"You did?"
"I saw the aminals."
"What animals did you see?"
"I saw birds."
"Did you see a dog?"
"No, dogs have tail."
"Oh?"
"I don't have tail. I have tushy."

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home