Many thoughts about identity, Judaism, teaching, meditation, travel, parenting and more

Monday, May 23, 2005

Interview Clothes

My friend and biggest blog fan came over to help me choose clothes for my 3 interviews next week. 2 of the interviews are on one day, so that counts as one outfit, but I kind of feel like Shabbat is an interview too as I make a good impression on potential future colleagues, parents and neighbors. We worked on looking professional and making sure necklines didn't show too much collarbone. It's funny. There's this one suit that I have specifically for interviews. It has pants or a skirt. I usually wear the pants to interviews because I look so frum in the skirt. But now that I'm not interviewing for public schools, I get to look frum again and in fact was now startled at just how frum I looked.

I started getting anxious but was glad my friend was there. We talked for hours afterwards, something I don't do much during the week. It sucks I'm leaving a new friend.

"We'll still have the blog," she says.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home