Many thoughts about identity, Judaism, teaching, meditation, travel, parenting and more

Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Anonymity

So as I mentioned in November, I've started an anonymous blog for some of my more personal (and less upbeat) blogging. (Yes, I am doing some even less upbeat stuff, for better or for worse.)

Only problem is, since it's anonymous, I get hardly any visitors. I can't even find it in blogsearch when I enter the title! I've tried writing to some similar blogs with my new pseudonym, but I don't get far.

So what would happen if I told someone the address? Would I write the same stuff? I bet I wouldn't. But I don't exactly want to advertise it to the whole world either.

I know some of you, dear readers, do some anonymous blogging. Any thoughts on this?

P.S. Can anyone tell me how to link to individual articles in my archive and not have to link to the whole darn month?

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger Allie said...

Can't answer the queries above, but...

Introducing! The very latest thing in Wasting Time! I’ve tagged you with a meme. Even though I’m not exactly sure what it is, I’ve jumped on that bandwagon and waved hi!

(feel free to ignore!)

7:01 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi,

Each posting has a permalink at the bottom....

http://brainsite.blogspot.com/2005/11/back-in-game.html

That would solve the problem.

UW

P.S. If you want to read someone [a peer in age and was also a teacher] who chooses not to be anonymous and names names most of the time, check out

http://princessmax.blogspot.com/

7:32 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have an anonymous blog. I've gotten readers by posting comments regularly on other similar blogs, then when I was ready for my blog to go "public" as it were, I emailed a couple of the bloggers and asked if they would mind me linking to my blog in their comments section (y'know, like: "I agree with what you said, the red states make me furious, too. ps: I finally started my own blog: blogname.com!)

One of them actual did a post about my starting a blog, which sent a lot of readers my way.

Also, when you comment (regularly!), make sure your blog address is linked to your posting name!

8:57 PM

 
Blogger Evenewra said...

Yeah, that's one thing I've tried. I guess I need to do more.

I want to read your anonymous blog... I also want you to read mine. I also want us both to have that anonymous space.

Can you tell me more about your choice to stay anonymous? That's what I'm wondering about.

Also, will you get an email notification that I just wrote another comment on my blog?

9:03 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home