Many thoughts about identity, Judaism, teaching, meditation, travel, parenting and more

Sunday, July 02, 2006

Food gone bad

Ironic that my last entry about the trip was about food. I'm home again now, but your trip to Texas did not end as we would have liked. All families have their issus and ours came to an uncomfortable head the day before we left. I'm not going to write any details here, as fascinating as they are, to preserve privacy of others.

I will say though, that one catalyst or maybe focus, of the conflicts that took place had to do with food. Keeping Kosher amongst family that doesn't is extremely delicate. I feel comfortable with the part about getting the food I need, but helping others see WHY you need it and that you have no judgment on them for having different needs is a nearly impossible task.

This is one of those situations I need to process away from the blog.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Yoel Natan said...

It is nearly an impossible task, I think you're right. But it's good, at least, that you're focused on to the right, key task, which is to help your loved ones not feel judged or marginalized.

Good luck with your food processing. (Couldn't resist.) :}

4:10 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm sorry your trip ended on a bad note. I can relate to the kosher issues, although I haven't had to relate full-on yet, ie, visiting *my* family in their home. Not looking forward to it so much.

I hope it gets better.

3:25 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home