Many thoughts about identity, Judaism, teaching, meditation, travel, parenting and more

Sunday, August 27, 2006

Last trip!

Last week I went to Niagara Falls with U. Now I'm off to go CAMPING with one of my best friends. We went to college together and she now lives in MA. When I moved out to NJ she said, "Now that we live on the same side of the country, let's try to go camping every summer."

We said that before I was pregnant. Naturally, everyone keeps telling me I'm crazy to go out there now. They seem to be worried I'll be uncomfortable. But my love of dirt and woods makes up for it. I'm absolutely thrilled. My only concern is whether I'll be able to sit comfortably. We're each bringing a folding chair for me to see which will be the best. Having this Yaris means I can load as much junk as I want into the back. Generally I like to at least try to go minimal on trips, but I don't mind WAY overdoing it this time.

So already the question is on my mind... will I be able to take a baby to do this next year? I would absolutely love to. I have camped with a baby before, though the family it belonged to was much more experienced at camping.

Truthfully, since U. and I have been together I've wondered wistfully if when we had kids would be able to take them camping, simply because I don't feel safe going alone and U. is not interested at all. But that's what friends are for, and now I'm proving it can be done!

Labels: , , ,

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

camping with kids is the best! because you don't care if they get dirty, and there's no house to track dirt & mud into ;)

Have a great time, and I'm sure one of the two chairs will work! I'd love to be joining you...

5:40 PM

 
Blogger Evenewra said...

I didn't even need the chairs!

Yes, it would be wonderful if you could be out here too.

10:18 PM

 
Blogger Evenewra said...

What totally happy memories! Even if I don't remember it in my own brain, I've looked at so many of those pictures and none of it surprises me ever. I hope that part of me is a bigger influence than my more immediate living environment.

7:08 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home