Many thoughts about identity, Judaism, teaching, meditation, travel, parenting and more

Thursday, August 17, 2006

You have WHAT in there?

Today was the second to last day of backyard camp. In a very sweet moment one of these precious two-year olds was flopping around on my lap, bumping into me uncomfortably now and then. Another adult who was present remarked on how this was a little bit of a problem.

So I turned to the boy and said, "I need you to be a little more gentle. Do you know why?"

He shook his head no.

When I whispered, "There's a baby in my belly," he gave one of the biggest double-takes I'd ever seen. Absolute shock! Another boy was listening to the conversation and they both stared at me wide-eyed, open-mouthed, mute and absolutely adorable.

Finally they asked if they could see it. I said no, it was hiding and that it would be hiding for a long long time.

One of the other children, only partially understanding the conversation said, "baby" and these two boys ran to the neck of my dress and pointed down it, "It's in there!!!" they shouted.

Oh my gosh! I hope they don't think I ATE it!

I told both of their moms later who laughed and reassured me that it was fine that I told them.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL! Omigosh, that was actually painfully sweet :)

You big baby eater, you.

3:37 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home