Many thoughts about identity, Judaism, teaching, meditation, travel, parenting and more

Sunday, January 14, 2007

Moms

ND got her first trip into the city today as we attended a shindig with U.'s extended family. Lots of relatives, some I remembered and some I didn't. The highlight was hanging out with a couple of other moms in just the sort of way I never expected myself to. However, as is normal with me, the best new friend today I made was an almost-three-year old. Kids are so much easier to get to know than adults!

Anyway, I was given a tutorial on using a baby sling and had many many conversations about (and time spent) breastfeeding. I really want to discover La Leche League now, not so much to talk about breastfeeding (although I admit I like doing that now and do it quite a bit... it's the main event in my life most days), but to be with other moms and just sort of evolve further into mom-hood.

I'm typing this with ND on my lap and sort of mouthing my knuckles. Very cute.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home