Many thoughts about identity, Judaism, teaching, meditation, travel, parenting and more

Saturday, January 13, 2007

Second 1st Shabbat in Shul

This time we showed up in time for me to bentsch gomel. I'm getting better at waking up early enough to do everything we need to do before going, doing it efficiently, and getting her fed and satisfied before leaving. As it was, while I waited for my chance to say the blessing, she started getting fussy and my mother-in-law, who is visiting, took her into the hallway. As soon as I'd finished and beamed all over with the singing of mazel tov, I took her upstairs to nurse.

It was nice to be there. Nice to see people. Not quite as awkward as when I'm just there for kiddush and have to think of things to say while I'm with others. Nice instead just to be daven in the same room as them and to smile back and forth with them and have them admire ND. But also exhausting. It's hard to be in groups of people and/or away for home with ND for very long.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home