Many thoughts about identity, Judaism, teaching, meditation, travel, parenting and more

Tuesday, January 08, 2008

Worry

I didn't sleep well last night. Yesterday I received a really frustrating email from a parent in my classroom. Obviously I can't go into details here, but it was filled with totally unjustified accusations.

Thankfully, my team helped me today to go through it. The team here means my assistant, the school psychologist and my supervisor. They're all supporting me completely and we have a plan of action.

But I still felt drained and attacked and even, dare I say it, guilty.

Now, a few weeks back, a parent from the daycare backed into my car. It left a dent, nothing I care about much, but she said she'd pay for it and we really do need to get it fixed. I finally got an estimate which I passed on to her and they really want to charge a LOT to take care of this. More than one and a half grand. I felt so nervous forwarding her the estimate, and she and her husband are shocked by it. They want us to get a new estimate and I'm willing to do it.

I have done absolutely nothing wrong here.

But I feel guilty, and worried.

My mom says guilt is cheap. She's right. But I'm so GOOD at it.

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home