Many thoughts about identity, Judaism, teaching, meditation, travel, parenting and more

Saturday, March 29, 2008

ER follow-up

My dad pointed out to me that I never actually said what they did to ND in ER.

So as I was saying, they put her onto a papoose board. I almost showed an image here but, frankly, it still just upsets me too much. In any case, I held her head and talked to her as the plastic surgeon looked at her. Turned out she just needed a little dermabond. She cried and cried as he applied, but as soon as he was done, she was fine. She just let me hold her and nurse her. She looked stunned but otherwise, no worse for wear. During the night she did wake up a few times (like when I was writing the previous entry) and at those times she screamed rather than woke up subtly, but now the shock is most certainly over.

We've been following up with the plastic surgeon. And although the wound is quite superficial, we still have to do some "scar management." It's nothing much. A little special cream applied daily and some visits to the doctor.

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home