Many thoughts about identity, Judaism, teaching, meditation, travel, parenting and more

Monday, July 03, 2006

3rd of July fireworks

Yes, you read that correctly. 3rd of July. I guess a lot of the towns around here want to host the fireworks, so they do it different nights. Tonight was local. Instead of going to the park early to get a good seat (concert started at 7:15) we waited until just before when the fireworks were supposed to start and drove down. We parked on the street in front of someone's driveway and just watched from there, ready to move the car if necessary. (Everyone was doing it.) It was a crowded active street and the fireworks were LOUD LOUD LOUD. I really enjoyed it. Usually I'm not into noise but I found these quite satisfying.

Pretty impressive finale. It looked like they just threw a torch into a box of fireworks to set them all off at once.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cool! When I still lived in NY, it was really hard to find fireworks (aside from NYC fireworks), because most towns couldn't afford the insurance. I usually wound up watching them on tv. Which is nowhere near as fun!

3:27 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home