Many thoughts about identity, Judaism, teaching, meditation, travel, parenting and more

Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Conferences... phew!

I can relax now.

Yesterday were parent-teacher conferences. I was at school until 10:15 PM.

No, it's more than that. Go back a minute.

Last week one of the parents in my class who is also a colleague predicted I would give birth this weekend. "I better not yet," I said, "I've got conferences to do, including yours."

I spent the entire day on Sunday preparing. I got out of the house exactly once through all of Saturday and Sunday.

Then Sunday night, exhausted, I tried to get to bed early for the big day ahead.

Couldn't do it. Printer needed my attention.

And then I started to feel like maybe I was in labor, so I took a warm bath as directed and got to bed late.

And as with any night when you really really really need a good night's sleep, I woke up at 2:30 for about two hours for no good reason.

And my assistant is coming down with something so also didn't know if she would make it through the day.

But guess, what... we did it. As of today I'm at the beginning of my 38th week. "Due dates" are really just the middle day during the best time to have a baby which starts on the 38th week and is too long by the 42nd.

So I can be ready now... anytime.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home