Many thoughts about identity, Judaism, teaching, meditation, travel, parenting and more

Sunday, March 30, 2008

Cold

Incidentally, the cold I came down with on Sunday seems to be completely (please please) gone.

What's interesting is that my assistant, who I think had the same cold, has had it twice as long and it's getting worse.

I'm a little concerned for her and it continues to bring up baggage for me. Especially since her glands are swelling I have that little piece of me worrying she's REALLY sick like I once was. But I think I've just gotten very good at taking care of myself by comparison. I hope so. I've got my prevention methods down to an art and, in fact, I think it was a full two months instead of just one between this time and the last time I was sick.

My daily regimen:

Nasal wash in the morning and at night
Multivitamin
Acidopholous
Calcium with magnesium and D3 -- and taking ENOUGH of it. (I have to do this at night too.)
Fish oil - DHA in the DHA in the AM and EPA at night
500-1000 mg vitamin C each day

If I'm coming down with something, I take zinc and increase the C.

Also, weekly chiropractor visit and almost daily yoga (postures) practice including some of the techniques from the Kundalini illness prevention video on

If I cut out dairy and sugar I know I'd do much much better. I did that for awhile and it did help. But I'm on the school lunch plan right now and I just love cheese so much... so I use it in moderation. Truth be told, I probably could have avoided this last cold completely if I had not enjoyed the bounty of Purim so much. I actually crave sweets when I'm coming down with something. If I don't take that first bite, I'm fine. But this time I gave in, and hard. I want to talk about food another time soon in relation to spiritual issues.

I still use rice milk instead of regular. No point in overdoing the dairy on something that doesn't matter to me so much.

I'm especially glad to be feeling healthy today and especially concerned that my assistant is not because today we have parent-teacher conferences.

I miss ND already!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home