Many thoughts about identity, Judaism, teaching, meditation, travel, parenting and more

Sunday, May 29, 2005

Successfully fighting colds

The following entry was written off-line on:
Wednesday, 5-25-05 at 6:15 AM

My flight to NY leaves in 1.5 hours.

Good for me! I felt so sick yesterday but I seem to have stopped whatever I had from progressing despite having a field trip, stressing about sub. plans and repacking my bags a good four times including at 4:30 AM. I slept for the same number of hours as the number of times I repacked my bags.
Today my throat is tender and head’s a little sore, but I don’t mind. I’ve always had problems with catching lots of colds and inopportune times (my wedding weekend was one of them).
Here’s what helped me this time:
Pulsatilla
Vitamin C
Chicken soup
Sambucol
Inducing before bedtime
Snorting and gargling warm salt water (yes, I know that sounds disgusting, but it works)
Drank tons of water
Cough Drops

As you see, I don’t just let my colds sit quietly. I fight them hard. Sometimes this means I’m just bitter and whiny that I’m sick. This time, the fight paid off.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home