Many thoughts about identity, Judaism, teaching, meditation, travel, parenting and more

Tuesday, June 07, 2005

Outdoor Goodbye's

Today's obsession is saying goodbye to places I haven't even visited yet. I have not yet done Grouse. We only went to Whistler once and that was in the summer, and for just one night... only long enough for a long walk and a canoe ride.

There's a retreat a couple of Shabboses from now, but I think it's just too much to plan and I don't know if I'm up for it. I'm trying to tell myself that when I get to NY, I'll meet up with my best friend in MA and we'll go camping there and that will be a million times better because I'll be with her.

But I'm still choked up.

Went to Van Dusen Gardens with my husband yesterday. I love those gardens and have spent a lot of time there. I doubt I'll ever find another place like that elsewhere, but I also haven't found what was in Portland again either. You lose places. You gain places. And it hurts. Look back at Leaf Blowing. Love relationships with places fade, just like sometimes friendships do.

Then again, some friendships don't. Like the one with my friend in MA.

I feel like I'm being tugged in two directions.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home