Many thoughts about identity, Judaism, teaching, meditation, travel, parenting and more

Friday, November 24, 2006

Great Adventures in Grocery Shopping

Any of you who knows me knows I do not do well with sitting still.

At the same time, some chores are quite difficult right now. I just went grocery shopping and my hips and butt are incredibly sore. I had to lean on the cart the whole time so that I could bend over a little to alleviate some of the pain.

Thankfully, I ran into a friend from shul who was shopping with her kids. It so happens that her son is one of my students too, so he had the opportunity to do the mitzvah of helping me by emptying my grocery cart. (By the way, I think this is one of the nicest things you can do for someone without having to prepare too much. Once or twice pre-pregnancy I've tried to help elderly people with the same thing.)

I also accepted help from the bagging guy to get my stuff into the car. He sorted everything for me into perishable and non so that U. can bring in the non-perishables when I get home. The rest I brought in with a cart instead of carrying the bags on my arms the way I used to.

I'm not even going to put groceries away now until I've had some lunch. Then afterwards, I'm lying down a bit before I make our Shabbos lentil soup in honor of this week's parsha about Esau giving up his birth-right for a bowl of soup. (That's ALL I'm cooking, and proud of it.)

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home