Many thoughts about identity, Judaism, teaching, meditation, travel, parenting and more

Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Flashback

The following entry is written solely as a flashback hyperlink to my birth story.


One Friday afternoon I called U. and asked him when he'd be home. It was a cheerful and brief conversation and then I set about to prepare Shabbat dinner.

I took a casserole out of the freezer and slid my hand underneath it to carry it to the counter. I didn't realize that the casserole had expanded upon freezing and split the corningware in two. Now, as I slid my hand under, I gashed into it horribly.

U. then received the following phone call from me.

A: Hi, it's me again.
U: Hi.
A: Do you think you could come home a little earlier?
U: Why?
A: Well, it's not a big deal, but I cut myself.
U: How badly?
A: Um, there's a lot of blood.
U: Can you get a band-aid?
A: I can't get to the first aid kit without bleeding on things...

I was ok, but we didn't know that yet. I guess I just didn't want to be a nuisance.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home