Many thoughts about identity, Judaism, teaching, meditation, travel, parenting and more

Wednesday, January 17, 2007

De-lurking Week



Apparently I missed delurking week again.

That means I'm asking you to leave a comment. To provide a focus, please tell me what work you do for "work" including at-home parenting) and/or what you do instead of work and choose how you feel about it:

A. I love my job, couldn't be happier.
B. This is just temporary. I REALLY want to __________________.
C. Other: ____________________________.
D. I'm not willing to comment because by doing so I might put my night-time secret identity at risk, but I WILL tell you that my superhero powers include__________________________.

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

A. I love my job, couldn't be happier.

(hint....I'm Evenwera's father....)

4:45 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am a full time mom, part time librarian, but b) I'd rather be a full time mom and part time psychologist

8:14 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My answer is D.

Oh damn, you made me comment.

What's the big deal about lurking, anyway? I happen to be a happy commenter, but why do so many bloggers seem gung ho to get their readers to comment? If you have a sitemeter, you know (more or less) how many people are reading your blog. Shouldn't that be all that matters? If a blogger wants a conversation, go to a message board.

Obviously my superhero powers include being cranky. ;)

9:39 PM

 
Blogger Evenewra said...

You have a point, but the comments are not about the numbers for me. I'm curious WHO is reading and sometimes have that in mind when I'm writing. Now, I know YOU are one of my regulars, alissa, and I miss being able to see you in person. So I think I actually think of you just about every time I write an entry. Sometimes when I'm not sure whether or not to say something, I'll think of you in particular and know that you would discourage me from censoring myself in most areas.

9:48 PM

 
Blogger Evenewra said...

And P.S. One of my secret powers is bossiness. So de-lurking week gives me some freedom to be bossy. Oh wait, I didn't say that. I meant... I'm EMPOWERING my readers. Secret power is really empowerment for others. Yeah.

9:50 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is that a good thing - thinking of me when you post? ;) Funny, I frequently censor the heck out of myself when I blog, but am adamant against anyone else censoring themselves. Wonder why that is?

And, um, yeah, EMpower...EMpower!

1:47 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home