Many thoughts about identity, Judaism, teaching, meditation, travel, parenting and more

Friday, April 28, 2006

Friday Afternoons

Friday afternoons in Shabbat observant homes are normally characterized by rushing around frantically to prepare for Shabbat. Generally speaking, I like that, as it makes such a great contrast when Shabbat comes in. But right now I just want to relax for a bit. Besides, on Shabbat I'm relaxed but restricted from doing weekday things. On Sundays I'm not restricted but I get tense knowing that I have work the next day and because I don't do well with unstructured days. So right before Shabbat and right after are kind of the most weekday-ish times for me to enjoy the world. Think I'll watch a little of the Daily Show online and maybe pay a bill or two before I go check on my rice.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home